Thursday, June 20, 2013

Don't sit

I should be downstairs washing the dirty dishes that have accumulated in my sink and on the counter tops.  Isn't it always the case with me that whenever I venture to one spot that I always start thinking I should be somewhere else doing something different from whatever I am doing?  I'm not sure why I have such a hard time being okay with doing whatever I'm doing at the moment instead of trying to pull myself away every time I sit for more than a few minutes.
It's not like I'm ever really just sitting.  I've spent the entire day sitting but you can't tell me I wasn't doing an awful lot.  I've been doing so much lately...well, all that doesn't really matter.  They pay me for that.  I've done it a long time and I can't complain about the arrangement.
But sure enough, I've sat here for a few minutes the way I wish I could when I have to take myself to work and the first thing that comes to my mind is that I have to go and wash dishes. Why is it that I can't begin anything I would rather be doing until I get all the other to-do things done first?  First, go to work, first clean the kitchen, first...Oh...put the clothes into the dryer and then fold them.
So what am I going on about?  Little chores.  Reasons or excuses.  To sit or not to sit.
I guess for the moment, it's not to sit.  Damn dishes are calling me.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT