Thursday, June 6, 2013

No rest

It's a little late in the evening for me to be up here at my laptop.  I'm actually waiting on a load of towels to finish washing so I can put them in the dryer before heading back downstairs.  Yes - I know.  The washer and dryer are upstairs in this house.  But that's okay.  It is giving me an excuse to sit here at my desk at a time I would normally be downstairs and doing something else.
I should be spending more evening time here upstairs.  It's something I keep thinking I should be doing but haven't actually gotten myself to do just yet.
It's time like now that I could be using to finish up my story.  I wrote up the draft of the next chapter (which may be the end).  That part is done.  But I know it isn't where I want it to be.  I know I am going to have to go back and doctor it up.  But for some reason I haven't touched it since May 27 and today is June 6.  That's too much time leaving it rest.  It's beginning to think it's in a coma and it really isn't.  It's there.  It's waiting.  It's ready to be revived.
Maybe it's me that is in a coma when it comes to this poor story.  And I am so close to finishing and I keep finding other things to do except get to it!  But I will do it and hopefully this weekend I will spend some goodly amounts of time warming up my keyboard.  I'll have it up and running in no time.
Oh...the washer is finished.  Time to move the towels to the dryer and head downstairs.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT