Monday, June 24, 2013

All new

Another fine weekend for the books.  Another work-week to get started but I was smart enough to schedule   Friday off so I have a four day work-week.
Hopefully, after today, I will have all my brand new kitchen appliances installed.  After some confusion and having to pick a new range, we managed to have the refrigerator and dishwasher delivered on Saturday.  Yes, two new stainless steel appliances were placed in my kitchen.  The only problem was my old, copper wiring.  That's a no-no these days and it had probably been installed as long ago as when the house was built.  That means too long.  So, that means I spent the remainder of Saturday waiting for the plumber.  He managed to come and give me an estimate, had to go get parts, and finally finished around 8:00 pm.  That's when we found out that they didn't leave the power cord when they delivered the dishwasher.
But, they are scheduled to come back today, between the hours of 3:00 and 7:00, to deliver my new stainless-steel range.  I will be calling them this morning to say, hey, my dishwasher power cord?  You'll have that when you bring the range, right?  Then, hopefully, by end of day today, I will have a new kitchen full of new appliances.  Fridge, dishwasher and range.
Just another upgrade to this old house we decided was our best option to stay and have paid in full.  It seemed best, instead of getting a new house with a lifetime of payments ahead of us.   And with all these new, fancy upgrades and new fancy do-dads, it's almost as good as new.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT