Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Can't stop progress

I packed my gym bag today.  I will need to head back to the office this morning after taking an extended holiday weekend.  I was up to the maximum on my vacation bank again and needed to take two days off or not accumulate more.  I attached them to the Thanksgiving holiday and made for a 5 day time off.  I will need to figure out December since it will happen all over again next month.  But that's next month.
It is the best feeling in the world to be able to stay home on a Monday when everyone else is heading out to work.  I couldn't help but think as I was pushing up a hard incline running in my neighborhood yesterday how much more I would rather be doing that than dealing with a desk full of work. The weather had settled into a nice 69 degrees and I couldn't help getting in a good six miles.
Then I came home and sync'd my sensor to my workout site and realized I am only 5 miles away from a color level change.  The site distinguishes how many miles you have total on your site by color levels.  You start at yellow 0-30 miles.  Once you hit 31 miles you become orange until you hit 154 when you become green.  I am currently at the green level and everything that identifies me on the site is green.  Every runner on the site is identified by their color level and as soon as I run and sync 5 more miles my site will show me as blue 621-1552.  That will mean I will have logged in 621 miles since 3/11/10 when I first started using the sensor and I will have reached blue level.  It doesn't mean anything except when you are in the site and even then I don't know that it has any real distinction.  But it is another tool to see your progress and since it stores every run since the beginning I have a good visual measure.
So I need to get out there and run 5 more miles, sync my sensor and watch my site change from green to blue.  That is why I packed my gym bag today in case the weather doesn't want to cooperate.
I am not letting anything stand in the way of progress today.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT