Friday, November 19, 2010

Safe landings

I have somehow sped through the last two weeks in a blur.  I have been living on pure adrenaline for the entire time and I thought I had finally made it back to regular earth this past Tuesday afternoon but I must have had another surge or relapse into this crazy high again.  I thought I was overwhelmed the week before the race with all the information coming at me but this week has proven to be just as euphoric or more so than the previous week.
Whew!
I am trying hard to stop myself from bringing up the subject of running, racing, the half marathon I just finished last Sunday but others are dragging me into conversations and I cannot stop myself from sharing my experiences as they share theirs.  I can't help encouraging someone that is on that verge of indecision when it comes up.  Is it a runners thing?  Here I go again asking myself these questions but when did I step into the upper tier of experienced runners to be able to identify and try to talk through troubles others might be having with their run game?  I am so enjoying the common experience in runners that connects the truly hard physical work it takes to get the endurance to do these runs combined with the mental blocks we create for ourselves.  It is such a solitary activity I hadn't fully come to realize there is a band of runners out there that might have had similar experiences and are just as anxious to talk about them as crazy old me.
Whew!
Then I am still getting emails from the race sponsor itself.  I can't say I'm tired of it or that it is a bother because it is far from that.  It's just that when I think I am finally at the point of calming down another round of enthusiasm will lift-off.  Most recently pictures were sent out of runners that had been randomly shot at different points while running the race.  They are of course so you can purchase but you can also view yours and others who ran (by going to the race results website and typing in names).  I had said I was going to go into this race with a smile and to have fun.  I couldn't believe the random shot I was sent.  There I was frozen at a good pace rate, wide-eyed and with the biggest smile you could ever imagine for someone that is plowing through 13.1 miles!  I said I was going to do that but how was it captured so clearly at random?
Whew!
So after work today I will be attending an after half-marathon party.  I will get another opportunity to share and laugh and smile at others experiences as they went through this magical experience.  An experience that you do alone only to find out that, "Oh, yeah...that happened to me, too..."
Then maybe, just maybe...it will be time to return to regular earth.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT