Friday, November 5, 2010

Mood altering

I don't mean to be going on about this but you know I HAD to check the forecast.  It has turned cold this morning and should be just as cold tomorrow morning or even colder.  I will have to forego my much desired long run first thing in the morning at the haven.  I won't be able to get myself going in 38 degrees.  I have been having enough trouble this week even in the afternoons with the temperature perfect but the wind so strong I would find excuses not to venture out.  There has also been some moisture added to this mix and cold, wet, and windy are not comfortable words for me.  I need to get in more runs.  Then I am reminded that the time changes this weekend so it will be getting dark by 6:00pm!  Too cold in the mornings, too dark in the evenings and I still need to train this last week or I could set myself up for some tough going come Sunday, November 14th!~ Awwkk!
Yes, much ado.  I have packed my gym bag for the only other thing that could possibly work.  I will not give myself the opportunity to come home, decide it's not a good day to run and then skip it.  I will set my mind on the fact that I will go directly to the gym after work and run on the dreaded treadmill where the temperature is controlled and the only moisture is my own sweat from working out.  Yes.  That will be the plan.  I will try to get some outside runs when I can but I can't keep skimping and skipping on running this close to my race.  What am I doing?!  Setting myself up to fai....fai...setting myself up to fai...NO.  I won't even say it because it isn't going to happen.  Besides, this is what the forecast turned out to be....

No wind, no wet and not so cold.  I knew this would help my mood.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT