Thursday, November 4, 2010

Talking abt the weather

Is it time for a weather report?  It seems I have found myself scanning the forecasts as far out as I can find them.  It has stayed fairly mild but I know I will have to keep my attitude in check and not fall to my normal cold weather wussiness.  I don't do well in cold weather.  I have as bad an attitude about cold weather as I do about math - maybe worse.  I know worse and that is the reason I am checking weather forecasts out 10 days.
Tomorrow's tenth day will probably decide my mood.  That is when it will reach the November 14th mark.  If it was today I would be fine and happy.  For November 13th it shows a low of 50 and high of 70, sunny, and no precipitation.  I can do that.  I can do 50 degrees.  I did it last Sunday at that temperature.
I am talking about the day of my scheduled race on November 14th.  It looks like I might get lucky and have some mild temperatures on that morning of my half marathon (first half marathon)! 
I am not sure when I ever really believed a weather forecast but the report is all I have right now.  It isn't like I will decide not to show up because of the weather (I don't think).  I remember back to my 10K that I traveled to and the week of the race the weather went bad.  I was freaked out the entire week.  I emailed the race director to find out if they might cancel.  I got a note back saying no way, no cancelling.  I was first unsure if I could even finish the distance and to add the horribly bad weather on top of it was almost too much for me. 
I bought some new running gear, added layers and braved the 55 degree, cold, overcast, coastal weather.  I was lucky enough to cross the finish line just as the rain started.  And was totally elated.  I had done it despite weather and all freak outs.
And now, so far, according to reports, I have nothing to freak out about as far as weather.  It is looking good.
Maybe you can tell I might be searching for something to hang this excited feeling of anxiety that is starting to rev up in me?  Ah, what can I say...approaching race dates.  I can talk about the weather but it doesn't look like I can hang any blame there just yet.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT