Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A bit of overload

I am getting too much of a race week overload.  I am used to mentally overloading very well all on my own but this longer distance of a race has the added bonus of getting prompted by emails from the sponsor site, talks from certified run coaches and the all around talks about if enough training was done, have I tapered enough, what carb load should I eat the night before, what type of drink are they giving out at the break stations, weather, what's the weather, it changed again.
I think I am doing fairly well, all things considered.  I am excited about this run.  I know I plan to go out and have a good time.  I know I cannot let the hype and nerves do anything to take away the smile that wants to creep out and find it's place when I get out there and find myself actually running the course. 
I have a few days before that happens.  While everyone else is thinking about this and that, taking advise and possibly trying a new drink or gel to help them through I am keeping things the same.
This is a long run for me.  I am not changing a thing no matter if the trainer suggests taking a drink at every station and or to eat a gel at a certain mile.  I haven't done that before and don't think I need to change it up now.  Why?  This is a long run for me except instead of in my neighborhood or at the haven, I have the added pleasure of running with 30,000 other runners on a marked course with live bands playings.  What a great way to start a Sunday!
I might need some distraction from the race week overload about now.  I'll figure out how to do that so I can get out there in a few days and enjoy the challenge. 
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT