Saturday, November 6, 2010

Fall back

I woke up later than normal this morning.  For a Saturday I seemed to have stayed covered up and asleep for longer than I usually would.  I knew I wasn't planning on running outside first thing this morning due to the colder temperature and maybe I can attribute the lengthy stay on that.  When I finally decided to get the day started I realized this is the weekend we change the clocks around.  Then I was not only disoriented from the change in my routine and sleeping late but then I became confused about what time it was.
Oh, I know this time change doesn't officially happen until 2:00am tonight (this morning?) but what difference does it make if I am trying to remember while I am looking at my clock thinking, If this is tomorrow morning would it be 6:30 or 8:30? I couldn't remember which way the clock was going to move.  Spring forward, fall back...all those kindergarten self-help prompts were going around in my head but they wouldn't come into focus on what time that meant it would be.  Do I have an extra hour or lose an hour?  I know it will get dark sooner and light earlier but it will be colder in the morning and I hate that.  It will also get colder in the evening since it will be dark earlier and the lack of sun is just plain depressing.  All the while the temperature will continue to dip for months.  I might as well stay in bed until the time changes back to where it is now and leave it at that.
I have thought that would be my best bet for years but it isn't exactly practical.  (Maybe it would be easier now that I can download books directly to my Nook without going anywhere, but then maybe not).  I don't really think anyone will give me the entire winter off.
I was still pondering what the time was or will be tomorrow morning.  I actually checked online to make sure I got it right and it seems we gain an hour which means we move the clocks backward.  So instead of being 8:00am it is 7:00am (not 9:00).  I think.
I need to get some more coffee.  I need to get in a long run.  I have all day to figure it out.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT