Tuesday, April 6, 2010

No arguments

I am not sure how but after an exhausting two days I came home yesterday afternoon, changed my clothes and pushed myself out the door for a run.
I wish this was the truth about what happened yesterday afternoon after work but the facts are that I came home and knew I could but shouldn't push it. I was tired, plain and simple. Instead I wandered the house picking up on small things to do that I soon realized were only making me more tired. I was feeling a little bad about not running but then I can't even feel bad about that with as well as I've been doing. I have been able to get in approximately a total of 25 miles for the last couple of weeks. I have no doubt I will do it again this week with already a total of 6.61 miles already completed. But I am notorious for wanting to stick with the program no matter how monstrous I can sometimes make it for myself.
But no, not this time. I want to stick with this for a more consistent amount of time and sometimes that means listening to my own clues and instincts when they try to kick in and let me know how I should be thinking.
It can only be called an excuse when the not doing something becomes persistent. I don’t have any intention of not continuing. That isn’t anywhere in my objectives. I realize there are times when I could do something and push through and times when I just need to break for a minute and allow that to happen without a multitude of mental lashings to myself. I know that can wear me down faster than actually going out to do whatever it is I need to do or not do for a day.
So I wish I could say I went out and ran yesterday. Yea, hurray. But I didn’t run yesterday because I listened to myself for once without thinking too hard and arguing with myself about it.
Yea, hurray!
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT