Friday, April 9, 2010

Always other options

I am having a problem with my new shoes. I needed to get myself a pair of basic black pumps to wear to work and I thought I had purchased the perfect pair. It seems they aren't as perfect as I had hoped. They have all the markings of being the perfect pair. They look great, they are a quality shoe, a basic three inch heel, and can be worn with a skirt or slacks. So you must be thinking, what's the problem?
They are the right size but for some reason the left shoe won't stay on my foot! The back keeps sliding off and I am having a hard time walking. It’s not the easiest thing in the world to try to put your heel back into your shoe every time you take a step. It can slow you down considerably and make people wonder what’s going on as they pass you by.
The shoe must be a little too wide for my narrow foot so I thought I could solve the problem by putting a cushion in it. I have done that before and it has always worked without a hitch. It didn't work. For some reason my left foot was still slipping out of the back of my shoe. So then I thought there was still a little too much room in the shoe and I slipped in another cushion. That should have filled the gap and kept the shoe secure.
Uh uh. No way. It didn't work again. I just knew it looked like I was walking like Igor! In fact, my foot started to hurt ever so slightly with the second pad in it so I took it out. By mid-day I decided something had to be done. I needed to make a choice if I wanted to stay seated the rest of the day or go home and change shoes. No matter what, I couldn't get the shoe to stay on my foot!
This isn't rocket science. I bought a plain pump in my size, put it on my foot and it should have worked. But this pair was giving me grief! I couldn't believe the shoe wouldn’t stay on my foot where it belonged.
Didn't I have enough going wrong this week without this added annoyance? Maybe this was just the simplest of reminders that really, in the whole scheme of things, nothing is all that bad. It isn’t like I don’t have other choices, like going out to buy another pair.
Then there is the choice that if the shoe won't stay on...go barefoot.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT