Monday, April 19, 2010

I understand

I got myself a new pair of running shoes.  I haven't exactly given them a real trial run yet (literally) but I am hoping they are going to be a good pair.  It's exciting to get new running shoes.  I don't pay that much for any of my heels as I do my running shoes and I certainly am not as particular about heels as I am running shoes.  I mean with heels it's all look and fit.  With running shoes it's all fit and feel and how well do they roll forward or is the back too high, just snug enough, too snug, how light or too heavy, too broad-based or fleet.  When you buy running shoes at the right place they say why don't you go ahead and take a quick jog out the store.  Yes.  You have a pair of $106.00 running shoes you might be just considering to buy and they say go out and try them out with a quick run.  When you actually buy them they still say, "hope they work out for you." 
When you go to that kind of store you catch conversations while waiting to pay about the person in front of you going to Nashville for a race but admit with a recent injury they might be walking most of the way.  But they are still looking forward to it and everyone understands that happens.  They are mostly all runners and they understand.
I understood.  I had a 10 mile run that very morning.  When that part of the conversation came around I was asked what I was training for and I said I wasn't really training for anything because it might make it too real.  The response was..."well, a 10 mile long run sounds pretty real.  Sounds like you're training for something."
Runners.  They understand.  I have begun to, too.
TT
-----------------------------------------------
In case you are curious...I ended up with a pair of Karhu Fluid.  http://karhu.com/
They are from Finland and just started retailing in the U.S.  It means bear and mine are the dark grey with the red M's on each side.  Not sure what the M's mean...maybe movement.  Of course, don't laugh, but my first thought was that it was for Mighty Mouse.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT