Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Daily posts

It was brought to my attention that I should probably mention the reason I haven't been posting daily as I have for the past year. Yes, I went an entire year with a post a day. Talk about bold determination and discipline. Talk about some weak posts and a few that were pretty good. Talk about using this tool of mine to its fullest potential. Yes, an entire 365 posts in a one year time span.
So, I guess since I reached that milestone and stopped recently putting out that post every day my (can I be generous to myself) and say handful of readers might not know what is going on. This blog has always been a tool I have used to get myself to write words every day. It was a way to get me to put words down on a page and keep going without a bad habit I had of constantly re-reading and editing what I had written. I’ve gone past that and now I am concentrating on writing a book, a piece of fiction.
I have this crazy rule in my head that the blog cannot steal writing time away from my book. Its the reason I added the word (different) to my header to read..."struggle to get words on a (different) page."  Did you notice that?  The (different) page is the book.
So the rule is…I cannot post to the blog unless I have written more words on the book thus the lapse in a post a day.
I guess you will be able to tell if I have put more words toward the book by every post you see here. If a post appears, it means I have already written more on the book. If no post appears, it means…it means, well it means I probably haven’t written anything on the book and I can’t break the rule of no blogging until I written something on the book.
Of course, if I have a really good idea for the blog and write it and post it before I’ve written more words toward the book…then I have to make up the credit I owe the book by writing more words there. Are you following me here? Am I making sense? I get it and since they are my rules its best I know what they are even if I am confusing you. I think.
Anyway, that is the reason I haven’t been posting every day. Except today since I already wrote 1100 words toward the book and that allows me to post.
I think I should stop explaining now.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT