Thursday, April 23, 2009

Wheels

I've been doing a lot of fudging and ignoring and not thinking much about my running. I realize I need to put my goals back into perspective about that. I think I pushed really hard and accomplished a goal I didn't believe I would be able to accomplish until much later. The problem seems to be that because I pushed so hard, it took a bit out of me. It took a small part of the joy away and I had those really poor runs, which made me feel not so good. So, I avoided running yesterday even though I was sure I wanted to do it. Turns out I didn't and avoided it by going to the bookstore, buying three more books and sat outside in their coffee section and read.

It was a nice day, I love to read, I especially love to be outside when the weather is what other (normal?) people would consider hot. Some like it hot - that would be me. It's needless to say the weather was so good I had the top down on my sporty convertible. Here is where I'm going to insert something I've already written about my car.

Yeah, my car - my wonderful little car. The one that I worked and waited for. Yes, it is, of course, a Silver two-seater, black interior with black rag top convertible. I know, you don't believe it. Here's where she's making it all up, the girl is living in fantasy land. Who has all this? Tessa has it, me. Now, let me see. It has a few disadvantages. I've had to learn to not make eye contact while riding with the top down stopped in traffic. Seems people feel the need to call over to talk to me. What's the mileage, how fast does it go, how much did you pay???!! I'm not the car's marketing department, for god's sake! And while I'm trying to ignore them to keep hollers at a minimum...gee, I become stuck up, presumptuous, full of myself. I don't force a conversation on you at a stop light! But I've learned and nothing beats the feeling I get with the top down, owning the car I've always wanted and fits me to a T (so to speak). I'm never in a bad mood while driving my car.

Well, needless to say, as I was getting into my car to head home...someone stopped to talk to me about my car. It hadn't happened in a while and it caught me off guard. Is there a proper etiquette for this kind of thing? I need to research that!

TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT