Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Get there already

It's the middle of the week and I'm not quite sure how I got so tired yesterday evening. I say I don't know because it was a little unexpected but I also think it was more mental than physical. I mean, how could it be physical? I haven't been to the gym or worked out in...hmmm...let me see...do I really want to count how many days? It's been too many days and I can rationalize that I need a break, that I had pushed myself too hard before. The truth is I seem to go all out or nothing at all and I need to find a balance somewhere in-between. Good luck!

Ah well. I pack my gym bag everyday. I have everything ready and in place to get myself there but my motivation runs out by the end of the day. They say you should work out first thing in the morning and it's done and you feel accomplished. I tried that and it was not working for me. It was too much to remember all the things I would need to get myself to the gym, then showered and dressed to make it to work. I would always forget to bring something from home that I needed to finish dressing...like underwear, or shoes...one being more noticeable than the other. It became stressful. I like working out after work. It just works better for me. If only I could get myself going again. And I will, because it must be important or I wouldn't be talking about it and trying to figure it out. It should be so simple. I've already got the bag packed and all I have to do is show up.

That seems to be the hard part. Showing up. I'll work on it.

TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT