Sunday, April 12, 2009

Be quiet

The hardest thing about writing is getting myself to do it. Then it's the continual editing. I can't seem to get anything down without cutting it to ribbons. Lack of confidence, it doesn't have the right tone, or does it and I can't hear it myself? The voice...how is it coming off. I'm afraid too often it's abrasive. Yes, afraid. I don't mean for it to be that way. Well, sometimes I do but that's usually worked into a character. I personally seem to come off that way because my brain has a habit of processing facts and answering that way. I'm not always thinking about how it sounds until it's already out of my mouth. Unfortunately.

No wonder I never joined into conversations years ago. I was so quiet. Maybe it's what I should go back to. Maybe I need to be still for a while when it comes to making comments and adding anything to conversations. Maybe I just need to be more observant and listen instead of speaking. Maybe I'll come up with an answer. Maybe not, but I think pulling back a little could be a good thing for a while. What could it hurt? It might actually be better for my writing and thought process for that. Maybe. I should try.

TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT