Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Just today

I'm up earlier that usual but it's only by a few minutes, ten or fifteen, but at this early hour it makes a difference. I figured I had a few moments to jot down a note or two before I head out for another five miler before work. That will make 16 miles since Monday.

I switched to a 'Coach' that was free on my nikeplus app on my phone. It's the same tracker I use for my mileage since it had training for different distances I thought it couldn't hurt. It has the mileage I should do each day and I thought even if I did the first two weeks, it might help. I started it last Monday and I immediately began to think it was going to be too much, too hard. I didn't see how I was going to be able to do the run it was asking for the next day and the day after. I was freaking myself out before I even started at the very first run.

I decided to push that thinking away and only let myself think about todays run. Just today. Not yesterday and certainly not tomorrow's. I wasn't going out to run tomorrows mileage but only today's. It made it easier and I'm a week and a half into it and feeling a little better. So now I need to head out because my extra few minutes are up. It's an easy, comfortable five miles this morning. It was six yesterday and I got through that before work. But I'm not thinking about yesterday. I have a run right now I need to think about.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT