Friday, October 3, 2014

Not today

Week 2 Day 12

The 'Coach' on my phone says I'm supposed to run 4 miles today. I knew yesterday I was going to skip it. The details stated that today's run is supposed to help maintain the fitness I've built up over the past week and a half and to help loosen me up for my next long run tomorrow. I don't think so. Another four miles today after 19 in the past four with at least another 8 tomorrow (hopefully 10-12, possibly, maybe)? just isn't in my game plan. All the signs are that I need to take a day, rest, and get back at it a little more refreshed. My legs are getting stiff, calves are tight, paces are slowing down, way down, and I'm not feeling it.

So, as far as running goes, my dear electronic 'Coach', I have to say no. Sorry. I can't. I have to break this date, but it isn't as if I don't want to see you again. Tomorrow is Saturday with cooler temperatures and lower humidity and all that morning time to spend. How about that? See 'ya tomorrow.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT