Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Not blocked

I bet I can stare at a blank document longer than anyone else. I seem to be able to sit longer and longer in front of a page without putting a single word on it. Oh, don't get me wrong. It isn't that thoughts aren't having their own little parade in my head but did anyone think to organize this promenade? Why don't you write that down? Why not this? No. Don't think so. What? You're kidding. What does that have to do with the price of eggs in China?

Okay, that made me grin. The thoughts are there. It isn't as if it's all hollow within. The steady stream of marchers are making their way down main street, one after another, some with more enthusiasm than the others, but all keeping up a constant flow.

I guess there isn't really such a thing as writer's block. I don't know a time thoughts haven't stomped around in my head. It's just a matter of letting them all parade through until you can see what you have and get an idea of how to get it all organized. I think that means I need to get what I've already written a little more organized to make it a better parade.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT