Monday, February 24, 2014

Only a reminder

I have all my handwritten notes surrounding me on my desk.  I have all my reminders for plot, key characteristics and outline suggestions.  All of those notes are mingled with my other notes that contain running training schedules and food logs, and  motivation suggestions.  They are almost all interchangeable.  Almost.  Well, not exactly.  Not all of them.

Both the writing and the running, can use high doses of motivation.  They both work well with planning.  The thing that works best for both is discipline.  All the reminder notes in the world won't progress me farther than the actual act of doing it, whether it is running or writing.  I cannot learn from all the notes in the world if I don't experience it myself and keep learning as I go. 

The tools are great.  They can set up the knowledge to begin.  But at some point I have to pull on my running shoes and take them out on the road.  I have to place my fingers on the keyboard and let the words come out.  Only then and again and again, will I be able to build from what I have.  It's not like I don't know this already.  It's just a reminder I need to get going on it again.
TT   

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT