Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Totally lost in thought

It's straight up 6:00 am in the middle of the week.  It's currently 35 degrees with the outlook of it getting warmer and then warmer some more.  I will be going into work today, getting it done, and then leaving to come home again.  Or possibly the gym.  I should have gone to the gym yesterday but no, I didn't.

I will probably go on a mini-rant now.  If I'm allowed a cliche I will say, I am paving that road to hell.  You know the one - with instead of asphalt or blacktop, it's paved with good intentions.  I've been doing a lot of paving lately.  Think about it or wait no, you don't have to, because I already have.  All those wasted good intentions.  They don't mean a thing if you can't back them up.
(I'm not sure where the imagery of that saying is supposed to go.  If you are busy paving the road to hell with good intentions and then actually back those good intentions up at some point -does that make you veer off to another road?  Have you stopped the job of actually paving it and allowed to travel instead of working on the maintenance of the road?  I wonder if whoever came up with that saying was a runner since they always seem to be out pounding a road somewhere, leading to who knows where).  Just a stray thought...what the hell does that saying mean?  The road to hell is paved with good intentions.  ?  What are other roads paved with - you know, the better ones.  ?

Obviously, I'm not so very worried about the state of my gym or no gym.  I'm on my own road and it's not so very bad.  It leads to and from my house...which is a very, very, very fine house...with two cats in the yard, life used to be so hard, but everything is easy...

Damn...it's still 35 degrees.
TT

  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT