Friday, February 21, 2014

Crazy voice

I took a rest day yesterday.  It wasn't scheduled but I felt I'd been pushing hard this week and my calves have been cramping and my right shin was tight and I was feeling puny and...  Yes, exactly.  My brain came up with so many reasons so I didn't work out yesterday.  Then I attacked a box of crackers after dinner, like they were some type of exotic dessert.  It didn't fair well for my weigh in this morning.  Can you really put on 1.4 lbs from a bunch of crackers?  Maybe it was the last three pieces of valentines chocolate I also had or the combination of both workout frustration and carb overload.

So I'm trying hard to beat myself up this morning.  Can you hear that crazy voice?    "You skipped an easy run.  Three miles was all you needed to do and you didn't.  And then to turn around and eat straight from the entire box of crackers?  Really?  All three chocolates?  What did you expect this morning?"

Just let her talk.  Sit back and let it go on without saying a word.  All these years and you would think she would know what she is talking about but she doesn't.  She makes stuff up as she goes along and I'm not falling victim of actually believing what she is saying now.  Her advise is never all that good when she goes on like that, if you can even call it advise.

The fact is that I'm feeling much better today after taking yesterday off.  I think I needed an extra few calories because I was starting to feel a little puny.  I think it's going to give me the extra energy to do some upper body weight training later today and to step up for that 5K I have tomorrow morning.  There is absolutely zero value in listening to a crazy voice.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT