Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Word for the day

The word for the day is:
busy  - actively doing something; full of activity or work; full of people or things.

Actually, to be accurate, it isn't the word of the day but the word of the last week and a half.  I expect today won't be as busy.  That might be wishful thinking and solely based on the fact that I won't be occupied by the same 'busy' as the last week and a half.  Somehow I thought this strain of 'busy' would have ended or at least tapered after last Friday.  It didn't.  Monday was incredibly more 'busy' than the previous days which made it a little overwhelming.  I hadn't expected it.  Yesterday still had its issues but finally here today I am expecting to get back to some regular work and not have as much of the 'busy' interference.  Actually, to be accurate, I am hoping to catch up on my regular work that I have had to put aside with all the other work I have been doing that had to take priority.

By tomorrow, everyone at work that was in the module affected by the small fire on the roof, that never entered the building but caused horrific smoke damage and caustic fumes, will be moved over to new locations into the adjoining module.  The damaged module will be closed off and repairs will be made.  I think I am at the end of this coordination effort that I have been so heavily involved.  Do I really think that might ease some of the 'busy'?  I will have to wait it out to answer that question.  My thinking is now that I am surrounded again by multitudes of personnel, instead of the vacant quiet I have come so accustomed, will make a new normal for the word 'busy'.

I'm taking it a day at a time.  And I have my running shoes with me at all times.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT