Monday, February 3, 2014

Super Bowl Snacks

Sonny outdid himself with the Super Bowl meal he prepared yesterday.  The previous week we were at his and Selma's house when he was talking about the menu he was thinking about.  It was a very good menu.  I didn't realize he was inviting us over.  I'm not sure why except that I figured he would have other friends that would be attending the big ball game and I can't remember the last time I watched a super bowl or even a football game for that matter.  The conversation about the menu he was talking about was all I was interested in whether I participated or not.

It turned out we were invited and he prepared every last thing on the menu.  He even didn't prepare one last thing because it was too much food!  He left off the street tacos from yesterdays menu but I got a really good taste of the green sauce he was planning on using on them and it was beyond the best.  It was especially hot.  I happen to like flavors that inch toward peppery paradise so I bagged a small portion up and will use for a meal today.

So here is how Sonny lined it all up.  Starting out with jalapeno poppers stuffed with diced crispy bacon  and cream cheese, topped with cheddar.

Just as the last popper was taken the next option of stuffed potato wedges were laid down for tasting.  Mmmmmm!

And then...came the sliders.  Sonny fixed Italian sausage with homemade red sauce!  But then he also fixed up some pulled pork with homemade barbecue sauce (to die for), topped with cabbage slaw on Hawaiian rolls.  It was sweet, tangy, bursting with flavor.  Jay stole a couple of those to take home but only after eating his fill of Italian sausage sandwiches!  You can see why Sonny didn't go head and make the street tacos.


My only contribution was the banana nut bread.  But who had time or room for dessert?  Save it for later.

And after all this food!  So delicious, such a great job, Sonny!  
And me...now...take thee to the gym, girl!
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT