Tuesday, February 25, 2014

One of those days

Is this one of those days I should never have left my house?  I haven't been able to get even the simplest of tasks done at work.  I have a meeting at 1:00 today and need to update the agenda with a spreadsheet that needs formatting.  I do this all the time.  It might be a little time consuming but it's easy.  Not today.

I opened the application, found my spreadsheet and proceeded to 'try' to change the orientation and the margins.  I couldn't.  The options to do those things were dimmed.  There was nothing I could click into or out of, to make them appear so I could choose them.  WHY?  I went on to a page break view.  I knew I would need to manipulate the breaks so it would print one sheet and not 3 or 4.  I couldn't do that either!  WHAT?  I closed the sheet.  I closed the application.  I tried it again.  And then I tried it again.  No go.  This is supposed to be simple formatting.  This isn't anything complicated. I've done it many, many times before with excellent results.  But not today.

Is it my fault?  I knew I wasn't feeling all that terrific this morning.  I did notice the temperatures were mild so I thought it would help to drop the top of my convertible car.  That always puts me in a better mood, so I did just that.  I was on my way to work when it started to drizzle!  What's THIS?  Is it me?

I don't know.   I did manage to make it into work without being drenched.  I was able to restarted my work computer and, sure enough, I was able to update the spreadsheet as if nothing was wrong.   I don't know what exactly is going on, but maybe this is one of those days I shouldn't have left home.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT