Saturday, February 1, 2014

More juice?

Saturday!  Where have you gone?

I started the morning with several cups of coffee while I balanced out the shops sales.  That was only to give me some time to drink my coffee and wait for a little more light outdoors.  That is when I geared up, tied my laces, and went out the door.  I managed a 6 miler because I was determined.  I needed it as a gauge because I wanted some mental reinforcement before I signed up for the 10K at my personal paradise in March.  I think I proved I should go ahead and register.  It isn't as if I can't do the distance.  I want to do that run.  But I felt I needed to test myself yet again before actually making the commitment.  Now there is no reason not to go ahead and sign up.  I've passed.

I can start planning the trip.  I can make all the arrangements.  I even went out yesterday and got myself a new pair of running shoes.  I would have needed to do that anyway but this makes it even better.  It's seems slightly odd that for all the really great heels I buy they never cost as much as I am willing to spend on my running shoes.  I could get into all the rational about that but I'll spare you.  Aren't you glad of that?  (smile)

But the day has gotten late.  I'm sitting here with Mr. L while his Mom, Selma, takes a spin around my neighborhood.  I got her a new pair of running shoes, too (for her birthday) and she brought her shorts and so, well, she is having a run while I watch the little guy.  He's sitting behind me.  He likes it there.  It works well for both of us up here.  Except now he wants more juice...

Where has Saturday gone?
TT


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT