Thursday, February 6, 2014

Don't talk

I've done fairly well with the weather so far.  I am not a fan of winter.  There it is, plain and simple.  I cannot compare this winter to last winter or the winter before.  I cannot process the winter I am experiencing here to someone else's winter somewhere else that might be much worse.  My brain shuts down or closes a curtain, and it all becomes a blur of cold, numbing frustration.  I'm not looking for sympathy by saying this.  I'm just stating how I process this entire season.and how it works for me.  Or rather, how it doesn't work for me.  And yet, this time, I feel I've done fairly well with my tolerance level.  Frustration about the weather hasn't been as...well...it hasn't been as...frustrating.

I've tried really, really hard to refrain from mentioning the weather.  I have not brought it up in casual conversation.  I've avoided the topic.  I think that has helped.  I haven't centered my focus on it so it can't become as important.  I've, sort of, pushed it to the back burner (if only I could heat it up that way).  I realized this morning as I read another winter weather advisory that the 27 degrees we have hit yet again should begin to progress slowly upward by sometime in the next two days.  I think.  If there isn't another winter weather advisory.  What I do think about, is the fact that I was at least able to run outdoors last Sunday and this past Tuesday.  These small, miraculous breaks in the weather has helped.  I'm looking forward to when these small breaks fill more and more of the calendar days instead of these treacherously low, cold ones.  I'm hoping soon but not focusing on them.  Except for this morning, when I couldn't hold out any longer and had to bring up the weather.  Casually.
TT    

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT