Monday, January 27, 2014

Keep pounding

The official race results from my 5K on Saturday still have not been posted on-line.  I guess they don't work on the weekends.  That seems a little odd to me since most races are on a weekend and I would think people would want to check it out as soon as possible.  Or maybe their webmaster is sick or out of town or...I'm sure I could come up with other reasons of the delay but the bottom line is I will need to wait it out.  I'm pretty sure my time was 31:34 which isn't flying fast but a Very good time for me lately.  I've been pretty much slogging very slowly lately through all my runs.  That number seems hyper-faster than all the other runs I've timed lately...by 30-60 seconds a mile!  I guess I was colder than I ever realized and wanted to finish to go inside to warm up.

I am already signed up for another 5K for February 15th.  That will keep me going forward with my plan for a race a month.  I also have my eye on the 10K in March which takes place at my personal paradise.  I will need to amp the training for the longer distance but I've already started.  I haven't registered yet but I've talked about the plan to Jay and he seems up for the trip.  That's a good thumbs up!  It looks like I might have taken care of the first quarter.  Now I just need to get those miles pounded out in the meantime.  

Sounds like a plan.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT