Saturday, April 12, 2014

Absent yet still present

I guess I've psyched myself out of driving to the the 10K I signed up for a month ago. I will use the excuse it has been an overwhelming week and I don't need the added pressure of taking on the challenge this morning. I don't want to be building up any more angst over my race time and whether I can run the distance and any other preposterous ideas I allow to run through my head. Of course I'll run the distance, what does it matter the time? And yet I've played ping-pong with the decision of going or not going most of the morning. I guess I should feel really bad about being a no-show but I'd rather give the daylight 10 more minutes and I'll head outside on my own, in my own neighborhood and avoid the crowds and the internalized pressure. I will enjoy the experience this morning much better in solitude. What a lovely morning.  It's my Saturday, and even though it isn't as I originally planned a month ago, I am so much more present while being absent.
TT
---------------
9:16am - I am so glad I allowed myself to miss the 'official' race for my own personal run. Got the full 6.2(7) miles done in 1:02:15 if I were to believe my silly tracking device. I've never run this distance faster than 1:07 so I don't really believe the time but I feel so much better doing it this way instead of going through all the 'official' hoopla this morning! Atta girl.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT