Monday, April 14, 2014

Fence demo


First came the demolition. It came by way of clearing out all the tall bushes that lined both sides of the backyard from the house to the end of the property. They were at least 10-12 feet tall. I was nervously upset about the decision to take them down. There was the strong feeling there would be a loss of privacy.

Once all the bushes were gone, I knew it wasn't so bad. The entire yard looked better. Less...straggly. Then came the second part of demolition. We had to take down all the old, rotten, wooded fence posts. Luckily, it didn't take long and soon Jay and I were putting up all the lattice work. We managed quite well and I was insistent on matching up the pieces. I guess I had too well a training in sewing when it came to lining up stripes - they had to match and so did the wood. I think it tricks the eye pretty well and you do not notice a bit of inside the neighbors yard. There is still privacy which was a huge concern. No longer! How much better will it all look as it comes together.

Now just a short wait until the real deck gets it's overhaul. They should start tomorrow? Take a few days? The way things have been whipping right along, I can't imagine it not happening. And me with only a four day work-week.  Off on Friday! The timing couldn't be any better.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT