Thursday, January 23, 2014

Let me delete

I admit it.  I wrote and put up a new post early yesterday morning.  You won't see it because sometime in the middle of the afternoon yesterday I happened to re-read it and I deleted it.  Yes.  I know.  I said I wasn't going to do that but I did. I deleted it.  It's gone and you or me will never see it again.

Believe me.  It's for the best.  And now time to move on.  I'm trying to keep my head up and brace myself for this winter flurry that is supposed to move into my area this afternoon.  It's going to drop into ridiculously cold temperatures with rain, possible ice, and all those lovely things I look so forward to during this part of the year.  You know me if you realize these are things I dread the most.  I'm not sure Friday is going to be much better.  We even got an e-mail at work about making common sense decisions on being safe coming in on Friday because of the weather.  Believe me, none of these things are very reassuring to me, with my known abhorrence for this type of situation.  I mean really, give me a break.  I'm a small town tropical island girl.  I could live on the beach year round and never give a single thought if the universe decided to eliminate winter and go from late spring to summer to early fall without the terrible thing know as winter in sight.  Let's just skip right over that season every single year and I would be a happy sun-worshiper.

But the reality is, that isn't going to happen.  I've tried to adjust my attitude year after year but I've failed miserably and I've failed yet again.  I'm at a standstill, petrified, by the fact that I will need to stop all major activities until this passes.  And then I will have to endure the entire rest of the miserable season I wish I could delete out of each year.

Wouldn't that be a wonderful thing?  If I could just delete winter the same way I delete posts.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT