Saturday, January 4, 2014

Gym or No Gym

I went to the gym yesterday for the fourth time since Monday.  If nothing else, I am certainly getting my money's worth out of joining.  I know I wouldn't have run three times out of my four trips if I didn't join because the weather has been so blistering cold there is no way I would have ventured outdoors for my runs.   It is what I needed to do to work on my consistency.

I know what you are thinking.  You're nodding your head and pretending to agree because everyone knows you join a gym the first of the year and by the first couple of weeks or even in a month you forget all about it.  It becomes wasted money for monthly fees.  Sure.  Go ahead and nod.  Keep nodding.  I'm not worried.  I have a whole lot of resolve going on and it has nothing to do with the first of the year.  I joined the gym purely because I knew I wasn't going to run outdoors with the temperatures dipping too low.  I compared my total running miles for 2013 when I was not a member of the gym to 2014 when I was.  Last year I ran half the amount of miles than the year prior.  I ran less last year.  I can't blame it all on whether I was a member of the gym or not but already since joining I have ran three times that I wouldn't have run if I had to push myself outdoors.  I wouldn't have done it.  Too cold.  So instead I was able to run three days and even though they weren't particularly very long runs, I still ran.  Big difference.

I'm planning on running again today.  It's too early now for me to decide if I will go the gym or see if the temps will rise enough for me to venture outdoors.  Predictions are it should warm up enough for me to go outdoors and that is what I would prefer.  But if not, I'm hitting the gym.
TT      

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT