Thursday, December 31, 2015

Improved girl of 60

Here it is.

The countdown is about over and the last day of the year has rolled itself out. The morning has broken through many clouds to herald out the old and bring in the new. I guess I'm the old but the new number attached to me is new. Let's see how well I can fit into this new number.

Goals and resolutions are the topic of the day and I guess I would be lying if I said they haven't floated through my thoughts. I've been pretty sketchy the past couple of years about setting anything too firmly into my agenda. I've been the one that has been wishy-washy about speaking up, even if it was to myself, about what I wanted to work towards. I can still be pretty indecisive about a lot of things. Which way to go or think or what to do? It can seem more daunting than it is.

I guess if there was a resolution to be made on this last day of the old year and the new age coming to me is to stop and do.

Here are my points for the new improved girl of sixty.
  • Try with real intent
  • Make a true effort
  • Stay in the now, because the past comes too soon
  • Don't worry about the future, it will happen anyway
So, I don't know that I've gotten any wiser but I can still try. The getting older part gives me the opportunity.

And I wish for everyone to have a Happy New Year as we fold up the old.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT