Monday, January 6, 2014

Moving Past

It's Monday morning and I am heading back to work after a long vacation.  The break in my routine during the holidays was probably just what I needed to revitalize and restore myself.  I am feeling so much better than I have in a long time, especially last year.

I'm not sure why last year was such a bummer.  My analytical mind would normally try to mull over every last detail, to turn over every stone, to try to figure out the reasons why I just couldn't feel right about anything. I think it might have been a way to stay in that comfortable, albeit, not-good mind set.  Something finally made me realize finding the answers for not feeling right was holding me back from finding out what would make me feel good.  It didn't really matter why I wasn't clicking on all cylinders.  I knew I didn't like that feeling and only I can do anything about it.  I had gone through it long enough to waste any more time dwelling in the middle of it and it was time to move on to my better.

So I am concentrating now on what will make me be better.  No more looking to the past to discover what was underneath those stones.  It couldn't have been anything good anyway.  I mean, yuk, what lives underneath stones?  Not me, not anymore.  I'm moving past them.
TT


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT