Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Stumbled

I'm a little frustrated with myself today.  I'm not feeling on top of my game but it might be the after effects of the four beers I had last night.  The pork taco's and handfuls of chocolate, walnuts, and coconut I shoved into my mouth doesn't make me feel any better, either, but I will leave that behind.  When you've been eating as clean as I have for the past four weeks it's bound to happen.  The frustration comes from my old way of thinking that one incident will destroy everything I've work so hard to accomplish.  It's spoiled and that's it, throw in the towel, I'll never be able to fix it.

So not true.  I don't think I ever really believed that even when it became the old habit of thinking from the past.  It is just an easier way to release myself from the work that needs to continue.  It's a way to release myself from the responsibility to keep on working at it because it's easy to say, "there, I didn't do it, I've failed, I need to stop."   Not this time.  As frustrated as I might want to feel, it isn't enough to make me stop or give up. I mean, give up?  Why would I want to give up?  

If there is something I need to give up it's the frustration.  I have nothing to prove (remember).  And, when I keep on doing what I've been doing I will need to come back to this point in time and say to myself, "See.  That day I was feeling frustrated is tiny when compared to the amount of positive I have felt from keeping on."  So I will leave it behind without another thought.  I shouldn't have given it even this much.

I feel better now.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT