Wednesday, January 1, 2014

First Day of 2014

The calendar, now a days, rolls to a new page all on it's own.  It used to be you had to manually pull over that last page of a calendar to reveal the new month or take it down completely and hope you remembered to buy a new one.  Not so any longer.  I have a widget on my laptop with a calendar that does it all for me.  It's easy, convenient, and sometimes surprising because I can have a tendency to forget what day it is.

I haven't forgotten today.  It isn't much different from yesterday.  I am still at my desk at early morning, still sipping my cup of black coffee, and able to look out my upstairs window.  It's a routine I repeat almost every day, over and again, whether I stay at home or go in to work.  It's a pretty fine routine.  The only difference about today is everyone gets a clean slate if you want to take advantage of it.  It's different because there is an entire forward motion that everyone can take ahold of and use.  The momentum is there if you want to participate.  No one is thinking to save that old calendar.  It's all over and done.  It's time to put up the new.

And that is what happened this morning when I was going through my normal routine.  Coffee, window, and there is that calendar widget in the upper right hand corner of my laptop, winking the date of Wednesday, January 1st, 2014 at me.  The first day of the new year starting off the same and not the same.  It's reminding me to take the parts of the old routines that work and use that forward momentum of the new to it's best advantage.  It's time to roll.  Forward.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT