Friday, July 23, 2010

Such a girl

Have you ever gotten that unexpected phone call from a girlfriend that makes you smile and grin and know FINALLY!  Well, maybe you have or maybe not but I have just had the priviledge of getting that enoromously wonderful phone call.
Now, as I go on to explain that the call I got was from my friend to say she asked her boyfriend to move out - you wouldn't think that would be something to be jumping up and down and smiling and feeling oh-so good about.  But I do!  I do!  The best part is so does she!  Yes...as I said before, FINALLY!
Okay - I should not have such joy over this.  Everything indicates that this isn't a joyful occasion.  This isn't something to be exuberant about.  This isn't...oh hell, yes it is!  Are you kidding me?  This is what I have been trying to tell this poor soul for the last...two, six, eight...what...how many months that she needed to do this!
Here is the thing.  SHE sounded so good over the phone when she is telling me!  SHE is feeling that this is the right thing to do.  SHE is recognizing that things were not what they should have been and SHE had the strength in herself to make things right.  FINALLY!
It's just that I was the priviledged person to be there at that moment of joy.  After all the times of hearing the bad and how things were not as they should be for her.  After all the times I was so blunt and outspoken and opinionated by what she was going through and told her straight up to no avail.  It wasn't about being proven right.  I have felt so overspoken in instances that I had to stop myself from talking to her about it. But now, to finally know and hear in my friends tone the calm and elation of a weight lifted and a future she can see as a forward and positive motion. 
Life manages to give you small doses of contentment when you need it most.  I think it just did that for my girlfriend.  I know it just did it for me.
What can I say?  Whatever.  Sorry for being such a girl.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT