Sunday, July 11, 2010

Book and free coffee

I did say I would stop by the bookstore and I did.  I needed to get a paperback to take along with me since I am leaving this morning to be by the water for a few days.  I couldn't take the chance of using my mini-acer for reading eBooks out of doors with the possibility of sand and water, not to mention I couldn't see a back-lit screen very well.
It turned out the paperback I thought I was going to get isn't really out in paperback until July 27.  I guess I didn't catch that when I was researching it on-line with all the other eBooks that are in hardback that I can get for much less than the hardback prices.  I ended up with another in a series I have been reading.  It isn't particularly one I really like but it will do.  It is even advertised as a "between the series" book.  What a lot of ways to market this stuff!  I didn't bother to check where in between it should go...I'm not crazy about the main character Stephanie Plum anyway but it will do.
I also showed my eBook to the counter clerk at the coffee shop and got my free cup of coffee.  I sat for about an hour there and finished the short pilot for a new show called The Glades that I downloaded for free.  It was interesting reading something close to a script again but I don't think I'll be watching the show if it ever makes it to television.  It sure sounds like l am reading a few things I could take or leave but taking just the same.  I'll think about that later. 
But I must be off now.  I want to get in a run before we leave for the coast.
TT 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT