Friday, July 23, 2010

No waiting

I woke a few mornings past more than a few shades of the darkest blue. You might have thought I was obvious walking around that way but it was undetectable. I was determined that it was not going to hinder me, stop me, and waft around me like an aroma. I went out for a run and mid-way a Regina Spektor song came through my ear buds. It was, Après Moi, and starts:
I must go on standing
It might have been her driving keyboards or the fact that she sings a portion of it in Russian and it has an orchestra arrangement that is reminiscent of Dr. Zhivago (that might be just because of the Russian), but I was not going to let that mood linger. I think the must go on standing while I was running up an incline helped. Or maybe it was the entire run that turned me from blue to a flushed red. I was rather flushed when I was done but then I always am after a run. I needed to expend the energy, show some strength, and the first line of the chorus is also a tough bit of advice while you’re running…Be afraid of the lame, they’ll inherit your legs.
Yikes. I guess I would be an easy target if I was sitting around feeling down and, who knows, it might actually speed up their chance of inheritance.
So maybe the whole idea of building strength and expending some energy instead of wavering in blue moods actually helped. I know I can’t avoid them completely and they might come on whenever they choose but unlike the song lyrics that says… I'm not my own, it's not my choice…I really am my own and even if the choices aren’t the best, I still have them to make.
It sure beats waiting around for the lame to getcha.
TT
---------------------------------
You know I am not much for quotes of the day but I was just sent this...
You have a choice. You can throw in the towel, or you can use it to wipe the sweat off of your face.  (10:14am)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT