Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Delete

I am amazed at the amount of junk email I have started to receive. Maybe I have always received this same exact amount and I am only thinking it is more now since I haven't been exactly good about following my normal routines of checking at least once in the mornings. I admit I have been slacking when it comes to checking my email. It might be due to the fact that the only thing I ever get is junk!
Today’s morning example: 16 emails and only one was an on-line bill. It was the only one I needed to pay any attention to. That doesn’t mean I didn’t open a few of the others or immediately hit delete without opening, like 1-800-flowers, Rodale books, the biggest loser club!!! How did I get on THAT list?! I am finding I need to eat more with my running just to keep my weight were it is now (which some think is on the low side)! Where did they pick up my address?...delete.
I thought I was interested in the articles in the RealAge email. It turned out the article thought I should be eating more prunes to give me a sweet snack and keep me fuller, to eat horseradish on my sandwiches to spice it up and prevent cancer, and to do strength training to ease my neck pain from using my computer. I could probably find easier and better ways to avoid stomach problems, heartburn, and to ease the pain in my neck (by not reading all this junk mail)…delete.
I looked into one of my favorite boutiques that started to send me emails. Wow, look at this…70% off, shop now! But wait, it’s for on-line purchases. I can’t do that. What about trying the clothes on? I can’t buy like that. Isn’t a whole portion of the enjoyment for me to find an item to wear is by searching and hunting? It wants me to look at a picture of a hired mannequin and purchase. What will it look like on me? I won’t know until I’ve already spent the money, waited for delivery, and roll the dice to find out if it’s a good fit or not. No way, can’t do it. Sorry, but no…delete.
So, that leaves me with the on-line bill. Open, check the amount due, check the date due…hmmm, pay, file, or keep as new? No, no…it is tempting - but not on this one. As easy as it has become…cannot delete.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT