Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Cold weather adjustments

I have a bad winter-weather attitude. It isn't something that just happened. I've had it forever, as far back as I can remember. I don't see beautiful ice crystals sparkling where they've formed or feel any exhilaration from the cold. I just don't. To me, those ice crystals are deceitful. If I have to get near or around them, I'm sure to find my fingers numb and all that beauty is drained along with the blood in my extremities. It's always uncomfortable and inconvenient. So the longer it stays consistently cold, my attitude turns a little rough. About the weather.

I've worked on that attitude. I'm actually a lot better about the cold than I used to be. I don't dread the entire season any more. But I find I need to tap down that attitude when there is a wave of consistently cold days in a row without an upward temperature spike. It's a work in progress.

I mean it's gonna get cold the same way it's gonna get warmer. I'll ride out the cold so I can enjoy the warm when it comes that much more. You see, I am working on this bad winter-weather attitude. I mean, if I can't change what's happening, then the only thing I can change is how I think about it, right? I think I'm gonna think of the beach.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT