Friday, January 6, 2017

Be Reasonable

When lost items are turned in at work, we send emails before giving it over to security. Yesterday a note went out that a shirt had been found in the parking garage. Not long after that a note that a make-up bag with eye drops and floss was found. These are ordinary items that would not be ordinarily misplaced if that person wasn't taking on a different routine. A shirt or makeup bag lost might mean someone is using the gym and packed these otherwise left-at-home items. A new routine or plan put into place while rushing to get that plan done may have led to losing certain items.

My last post was about rushing. I wrote it fast because I thought I needed to hurry and put something down. I had only a mere 4 minutes remaining before I needed to leave for work. Four minutes was all the time I thought I had to get it done. It wasn't enough time and even though I managed, it certainly wasn't enough time to decide I needed an adjustment to my plan about things I was doing. Not yet anyway and not after so brief and forced a moment.

Here is an opportunity to give myself and those poor people at work losing shirts and floss a break from all the rushing. This is not a four minute sprint into every new thing that needs to get done. The only adjustment needed so far is a little more thought in how speedy I really need to be to get to my objectives. It can be slowed down a bit. There will be time to get it done and I know it's going to be more than four minutes.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT