Sunday, December 5, 2010

Misdirection needed

I am at a point of knowing I need a re-focus or to be more accurate a misdirection.  I thought I had been doing so well with the change in weather lately.  I am realizing that no matter how hard I try to keep my chin up and forge ahead with a bright and shiny attitude about the colder temperatures that I am in fact dropping my chin into my hunched shoulders and my arms are crossed tightly across my chest.  I can feel the chill start to seep into my inner self and bones and it's a too familiar feeling that I know will take the entire season to shake.  Once it reaches my inner core I am done for.  I become a bleary eyed mass of quivering flesh.  My fingers become permanent icicles which no amount of heat can penetrate.  I know.  It's a miserable situation and if I were exaggerating I would get over myself but if I need to apologize then I am sorry but these are really the facts.  I have hit the time of year where even when it warms a bit there is still that underlying chill and I never warm up until it's all over.  Miserable.  Yes.  I am.
So I know I need some misdirection.  My idea is I need to see if there is a race I might train for.  It might put my focus on something other than weather although I know there is a tremendous pitfall in this plan.  There will be many days I will not be able to run outdoors.  Yes...due to the weather.  But, it will keep me actively trying even if I treadmill it at the gym.  Yuck.  How did I ever do that before?! 
So I have a race in mind for January but I might have to re-think it.  It would involve some travel and the drive is 5 hours.  I don't really have a problem with that but others might and I need to test the waters of response when I bring it up.  We will see.  If not, I am sure I might find something closer to home.  I know I need to do something.  Something.
Now I will just go and try to thaw my icicle fingers enough to be able to wrap them around another cup of coffee.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT