Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Right

I went into my running tracking site and opted out of a training series I had just set in place.  I was already three days behind on it and don't really see myself catching up or even, and here is the worst part, even starting up.  Let's face it.  I'm not getting it done and whatever my mind set is now on why I haven't been doing it, I know for now I've got to let it go for a while.
I can spend the time being miserable and berating myself up one side and down the other about making my choices of running, not running, running a little and then not running at all but it isn't a good thing.  So I am pausing now for an important broadcast and I am sure my reception will start to come in more clearly once I eliminate the static I have created by unnecessary pressure and circumstances out of my control.  There.  Sure.  Right.  I feel much better now.  Uh-huh. 
How can I have gone the entire month of December so far without a single run!  Okay.  There.  Now.  Better.  I got it out and now I can take a deep breath. 
I read an article in my running magazine about taking time off after a long training and how it is actually a good thing.  I am trying to remember the reasoning behind it but I was so not going to do that in my mind when I read it.  Now I find myself trying to think up those reasons to apply now but I can't remember and does it matter?  Probably not.  Just another diversionary tactic.  Fact is I would so like to go out and have a really good steady long run and I also know it ain't gonna happen 'bout now.  So like a good little adult I need to put it into perspective and not let it dominate my thinking and one day soon I will find an unexpected day to go out and get that long run in.
Right.  Sure.  Looking forward to it.  Can't wait.  Uh-huh.  Soon.  Okay.  Got it.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT