Monday, December 6, 2010

Big problem

I am being heavily encouraged to take some time off.  I resist that sort of talk only because it is more comfortable for me to use time off when I have plans.  Since I never have what I would considered plans outside of my regular routine I don't consider taking the time.  I have managed and do manage very well fitting in mostly everything I do without extra time.  It isn't that I am trying to keep a stock pile of time by not allowing myself the benefit of using what I have accumulated.  It's not that.  I just honestly don't think about it.
When there are things that need to get done and things I want to do time doesn't just open up and it happens.  If these are ongoing things then I have to find where and when these things are going to happen within the schedule that I already have.  That is just the way it is.  If I want to do it then I need to find the time around what I already do.  Right?
I think yes for the most part.  I, again, am the exception to this way of thinking.  Since I have become so good at getting my personal interests done within my work and home schedule, I don't think of taking time off to just do things.  I am already doing them.  I am, aren't I?  I think so, but since I seem to be an exception to so many things it's hard to distinguish.  You see, I keep trying to act in the norm and since I don't really know what that is I don't always realize I have become the exception (yet again).  I mean, really?  Who has 10 weeks of vacation time accumulated?  Me.  10 weeks...no exaggeration. 
Yeah.  And I get nervous when someone says, "Just take a week off to do whatever." 
I stop and think..."what is whatever?"  I do that on weekends, don't I?  I've already filled the spot for that thing to do.  Do you see how this thinking goes on and on.
But I am being heavily encouraged and realized that the first time I took a full week off from work was three years ago and then again last year in the twelve years I have been with my job.  And you see it was because I had plans to be out of the country.  But there it is...10 weeks. And I should be thinking again to take more soon without having to leave the country and with the possibility of staying close to my own backyard.
What a horrible problem to have.
TT  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT