Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Days, miles

I have managed to run 4 times this week.  Yes.  Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday.  Four days in a row.  I didn't give myself the option of deciding if the weather would be good enough, nice enough, warm enough but packed my gym bag and just knew I had to go to the gym.  I went the past four days.
But I have only totaled 17 miles for those four days.  Only 17 miles.  I should be...nah..nan...na, na, na...stop.  Stop that.  Did you see that? 
First comes the positive and then take it down and prove how it doesn't measure up.  Not good enough...doesn't cut it.  No matter that there wasn't a single mile the entire rest of the month.  No matter there were zero miles before these past four days in a row as I sweat it out on an abominable treadmill.  No matter.  Happens every time.  You could almost count on it.
Ah well, so.
Who even exercises the week of Christmas!?  But 4 runs are 4 runs.  17 miles are 17 miles.  Anyway, isn't there something about the 12 miles of Christmas?  So then I'm ahead by 5 miles!
No, I know, that was 12 days not miles.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT