Saturday, December 4, 2010

Counter on the fritz

Some weird stuff is going on with my statcounter.  I know blogspot now has some limited page load counter stats but I am also talking about my regular statcounter that I have been using for more than a year.  I realize it isn't all that accurate and is based on a cookie or some such.  I don't pay all that much mind to it since I will write anyway knowing it might be days before I get a single view or page load.
What has me confused is blogspot had a page load for a post called Socks and skittles which I  did...whew...wow...back on March 19th and another for Hello Lara from May 17th.  I don't have any other info from blogspot on it, so I went to statcounter which sometimes, if I do some dectective investigating I maybe might be able to decipher who, what, when someone may have dug up old posts.  Mostly it's just a guessing game.  But then nothing there either.  In fact, I found going through some information there that I realized someone had mentioned a particular post to me the other day but I didn't have any pageloads for that day.  It had to have been that day since I had just posted it that day.  So they must have come in stealth.  Or wherever they were when they viewed my blog had a blocked cookie so it doesn't appear.  I guess it would be the same thing I have on my laptop so it doesn't count my own views.  Wouldn't that bounce the old counter in the upward motion with all the time I go back and forth writing and publishing and editing.
But now it's confusing.  Now I'm thinking there might be more people viewing posts than I know.  Or not. But then I get conflicting information or no information.  I keep trying to figure out who viewed Socks and skittles from March?!  or Hello Lara for that matter.  I got nothing. 
Ah well.  I guess unless I decide to upgrade to a better counter (and possibly pay something more than the nothing I pay now) it really doesn't matter.
I said the weird stuff was going on with my counter.  Nah...I know it's me.  Maybe I should go back and read those two old posts.  Wonder if they were any good?
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT