Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Juggle

Writing - the process of juggling words.
It's really not that simple.  It's more the process of juggling words, and a large variety of other elements, in a precise manner.  The timing of the words juggled is crucial, as is the placement.  It also includes balancing grammar, punctuation, style, voice, conflict, resolution, action, and interest.  Then once you master all of the described items, you must keep in mind it's all subjective.  And you must keep your sense of humor.
I think I've got it.  The good news is I am smiling about it, and excited about doing more of it.
And I am working hard at it, which is even better news.  I am finding my process, which is keeping me grounded in the actual work.  I am allowing myself broader, and braver strokes, instead of keeping things safe, and boring.
I have so many lessons to learn, but I finally feel like I can take on more than the one process of juggling words.  And I have.  And it's working.
So what does writing mean?  It means so many things all at once.  Lately, for me, it means...  Give me minute, I need to do some juggling.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT