Monday, September 2, 2013

Getting started

It's taking me too long this morning to drink my coffee.  I feel the time clicking rapidly away with every moment I sit.  I need to go out and have a run.  I have writing I want to do.  I'm at the end of my three-day weekend.  How do I get an entire extra day from work, and not be able to get the things I want to do done?
That's when I have to pull back on my reins.  Whoa.
I like having the time to drink my coffee in the mornings.  I like being able to look out my upstairs window as the sky turns from murky to beautifully streaked pinks, and blues.  It's right to pull on my running shoes after giving myself those extra minutes, to head out into the neighborhood, and wave to the others that are doing the same as me.
It's been a great couple of days.  It is great to have the time to wake up, and spend it the way I have been.  I know there are things that I probably won't have time for, but I don't see any downside to all of this.  I have time today, no matter how long it takes me to finish my coffee.
And it looks like I'm at the bottom of my mug.  Time to get the day started.
TT  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT