Sunday, August 4, 2013

Cookies anyone?

Cookies, cookies...
It seems just when I was happy to leave this little cookie operation to itself (and have) it decided to generate a few orders.  I haven't touched my website.  There isn't a single thing I have done to it to give it an update.  It is in the same state it was in when I first launched it with the exception of the paypal shopping cart I added last year.
I received my largest order this past March when I baked and delivered 90 dozen cookies for the third time to a corporate account.  They first ordered from me last year about the same time (or was it the year before-not sure) and then again in December last year.  I figured with this 90 dozen order I was done for this year.  It was my largest sale and even though it was the first quarter in March I blew away the projection my younger son, Dante, had imposed on me.
Then in the past few weeks I have had some small orders trickling in.  I had a woman call and order a dozen cookies.  Then she called me back a week later and order another 2 dozen.  Great!  I can fill these orders here and there.  Then this past week I delivered a pail of cookies (4 dozen) to another person that called out of the blue.  Sales I hadn't expected!  From a site I haven't touched and know things don't run as smoothly as they should. (that darn shopping cart)!
Yesterday, I came home from shopping and I had another order for cookies for someone else!  I baked them up and by the time I had them all packaged up and the kitchen cleaned and back in order...well, yes...I got another cookie order.  I took everything back out and baked up another batch.  I need to make a trip to the store to complete the turtle cookies for that last order.  Blast - but I ran out of caramel.
Just when I was thinking I was going to wind down the entire operation, something is trying to tell me to take another look at that site.  I need to carve a few more minutes out of my busy weeks to see what can be done to refine a few things. (like that darn shopping cart)!  I need to order a few tins, and buy some new cookie sheets.
Just when I thought it was time to wind this cookie venture down, it seems to be telling me something different.  So, I'll put in a little time and get myself a little more organized and see what happens next.
Cookies, cookies...
TT
   

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT